Board & National Council
Advancing Our Mission Through Volunteer Leadership
Board and National Council members serve as key volunteers and advocates for Big City Mountaineers. In addition to supporting us locally in the regions where we operate, our Board and National Council members also serve as connectors for BCM nationally.
Both the Board and National Council are comprised of individuals who represent a particular geography, area of expertise, or perspective in the youth outdoors space, including: academics; experiential education professionals; outdoor industry leaders; civic leaders; donors; and many others who have demonstrated a deep commitment to BCM’s work.
Board of Directors
- John Andriola – Independent Attorney at Law (Golden, CO)
- Deborah Beggan – Helly Hansen / Waypoint Collective (Chicago, IL)
- Janette Chien – WA State Parks & Recreation Commission (Ellensburg, WA)
- Jessie George – Georgia’s Own Credit Union (Atlanta, GA)
- Carly Huey – Patagonia (Ventura, CA)
- Mitsu Iwasaki – Trust for Public Lands (Seattle, WA)
- Drew Kern – EWM Realty (Miami, FL)
- Matt Marrapode – Epicore Biosystems (Boston, MA)
- Margaret Morey-Reuner – Quality Bicycle Products (Marblehead, MA)
- Elyse Rylander – Quality Bicycle Products (Bellingham, WA)
- Paul Thompson – Hiebing (Madison, WI)
- Janelle Woodward – McKay Shields LLC (New York, NY)
- Rachel Worth – Holman Automotive (Portland, OR)
BCM is actively seeking new Board members. All board members should hold a deep passion for and commitment to BCM’s mission. We are especially interested in candidates in the SF Bay Area, Denver, and Minneapolis regions, and whose identities are similar to youth BCM works with.
To learn more, please read our BCM 2023 Board Candidate Role Description. If you are interested in applying to become a Board member with BCM, please complete this Google Form.
- Chris Ball – Cushman & Wakefield (Denver, CO)
- Nathan Ballard – Keegan & Coppin – (San Francisco, CA)
- Beth Cochran – What’s Up PR (Denver, CO)
- Michelle Fleming – Mystery Ranch (Seattle, WA)
- Ben Gipson – DLA Piper (Los Angeles, CA)
- Cassie Heppner – Timberland (In Memoriam)
- Jeff LaBonte – Vail Resorts (Denver, CO)
- Larry Lanham – Strive Health (Denver, CO)
- Kay Merseth – Harvard Graduate School of Education (Cambridge, MA)
- Scott Schriefer – XL Construction (San Francisco, CA)
- Thad Walker – Lario (Denver, CO)
- Justin Welsh – Matisia Consultants (Denver, CO)